Sledding in Grindelwald –
The World’s Longest Toboggan Run
A 20-minute cable car ride will take you from Grindelwald to the starting point at the First mountain peak. Once you’ve arrived in the cable car, a marked winter hiking trail will take you past the Bachalpsee lake to the Faulhorn – the highest point on the tour – in a little over 2 hours. The summit of the tour is not only a good opportunity for a breather – you can also enjoy a unique 360° view of many parts of Switzerland. The highlight comes right at the end when you make the descent towards Bussalp and Grindelwald, covering 15 kilometres and 1,600 metres in altitude.
By the way, the name “Big Pintenfritz” is a homage to the legendary innkeeper, Fritz Bohren, who managed the “Pinte” (Hotel Bellevue) and the Faulhorn mountain hotel in Grindelwald.
Information and Location
- You’ll find the following rest points on the way: Berggasthaus First, Adi’s Skibar Oberjoch, Bergrestaurant Bussalp and Rasthys
- Sledges or other equipment (e.g. Velogemel, bobsleigh)
- Suitable winter clothing, gloves, protective helmet, skiing goggles
- The path runs through a winter hiking trail. Please show consideration for hikers.
- As the last part of the route runs along the village road, you can only make a descent into the valley in good snow conditions.
Relaxing Holidays in Grindelwald
Grindelwald Ski Resort
Grindelwald Hiking Trails
World's Longest Toboggan Run
Grindelwald-First: A World of Adventure
Jungfraubahn Mountain Railway
Eiger North Face