Sledding in Grindelwald –
The world’s longest toboggan run
The starting point on First is reached with the gondola from Grindelwald in about 20 minutes. From there, a marked winter hiking trail takes you past the Bachalpsee Lake to Faulhorn – the highest point on the hike – in just over 2 hours. In addition to the option of taking a break, this is also a unique opportunity to have a panoramic view of many parts of Switzerland. The sledding highlight in Grindelwald is at the end, the descent towards Bussalp, where a total of 15 kilometres and 1,600 meters of elevation of covered.
By the way, the special name Big Pintenfritz comes from legendary innkeeper Fritz Bohren, who ran the “Pinte” (Hotel Bellevue) as well as the Faulhorn mountain hotel in Grindelwald.
Information & location
- The following rest points can be found along the way: Berggasthaus First, Adi’s Skibar Oberjoch, Bergrestaurant Bussalp and the Rasthysi
- Sleds or other means of transportation, like velogemels, bobsleighs etc.
- Appropriate winter clothing, gloves, winter sports helmet, ski goggles
- The trail leads across a winter hiking trail. Please be mindful of hikers.
- Since the last part of the trail passes over Dorfstrasse street, a descent right into the valley is only possible when snow conditions are good.
Relaxation vacation in Grindelwald
The Grindelwald ski area
Grindelwald´s hiking trails
Grindelwald toboggan run
Grindelwald-First: a landscape to discover
The Jungfrau Railway
Eiger north face